Thursday, October 19, 2023

Gardenia & Gold



Mid May opens its branches to the thick scent of gardenias and hyper explosion of pollen laying on the cobblestones in a brilliant mustard tone


Guitar strings play in the room above me, soft at first, then more energetic, like the Friday that warms from a frost to a sun-drenched solid eighties-era bloom


My walk home will show its grit

Replacing this beauty with garbage men collecting never-ending strewn trash


Deep satisfaction, the kind that comes from taking terrible risks pays off in the tilt of my head, the stride of my unreasonably long gate


Wedding cake floats from the baker’s window, thick frosting permeating the open air, reminding me that I’m not a Mother and have no celebration for Sunday Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment